2011年9月12日月曜日

the limit of memorization in our brains

so memex seems like a place that can store anything.
as we may think

I went to music kindergarten, elementary school, juniour high, and high school. (and somehow I go to a school where english is everywhere instead of music)

I was majoring in violin and minoring in piano. so that I had to memorize a long score each time for each semester for music exams.

Although I was young, I had a difficulty of memorizing long score both for violin and piano. (well, more difficult for piano)

I always had wished how much it would be easier if I had a better brain which store music score quickly.

and I remembered that my mother said that "If you go to a music university, you will have to be able to make a score only at once when you listen to music".

I was wondering, if there is a connetion between brain and ears which can hear all notes of music and make a score.

I found this article (sorry, in japanese) tsujii nobuyuki the pianist who is blinded about tsujii nobuyuki. Althoug he is blinded, he is a great pianist as his piano record is chosen as a theme music for a movie.

As he listenes to a music or any sound that is made can make it into a score and he can actually play it.

according to the article, first he listenes to a music and make a score in his brain, and he plays it on piano.

As I read this article, I remembered that Mozart and Einstein are the same.

Mozart is famous as he played a music Miserere ( music of Miserere ) at only once he listened.
Of course, he is the exception who has a developed brain.

Einstein is said that he could not speak until 3 years old but could play a violin which he had fun.
He had been called "der Deperrte" which means stupid when he was young.
However, it is said that he was structuring a sentence in his brain before he talks.

I made a connection between this idea that Einstein structures a sentence in his brain before he talks and the idea that Mozart and Tsujii nobuyuki can make a score in his brain.

It is interesting how music and brain has a connection although I have no ability of making a score in my brain. but when I was 16 years old, I found that it becomes much easier to memozize when I play piano or violin before memorizing something.

Probably, my little brain is trying to wake up with my both hands are working.

2 件のコメント:

  1. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  2. cool blog! Yeah I hope technology will advance enough to store all the personal memories in our brain in the future! :D

    返信削除