2011年11月10日木曜日

MALWARE

weekly blog #4

Facebook and twitter are the SNS that are used a lot by people.
and it is the easiest way to keep in touch with people that you will not be able to see face to face.
but, as we discussed in previous courses such as  malware on facebook, it is a big problem.

I had never gotten any malware on facebook and never thought that I would get them.
but just a few days ago, I have gotten a message on my wall post from my hostfather in canada says..."Hey mai! ...."
the following is the picture of my facebook

the top comment is from my hostfather.
since I was looking at newsfeed before I see this message, I was not get hacked by malware!
lucky me :)
This is the first malware I have gottten in my life.
and I thought the malware exists rigt next to anyone.

Although the internet made people's life so much easier and so much more convenient, the internet has more possibility to hack anyone.

In addition, as you can see from my picture, it seems like my hostfather got hacked on his smartphone.
so I want to search more about malware on smartphone.

as I found some articles about malware on facebook, facebook smartphone malware introduces the problem of malware.
However, as I tried to find some other malwares on smartphones, seems like facebook is not the only one that smartphone users should be careful.
Apps are also should be paid attention as a dangerous malware as I read this article malware on smartphone rise up to 800.

the following was added on 11/17
Q: who did I get malware on facebook from?

1: my hostfather in canada
2: my hostfather in the states
3: my hostfather in China
4: my hostfather in Germany 

4 件のコメント:

  1. How fortunate that you had just learned about such malware before receiving the facebook wall message from your host father. Did you get in touch with him to warn him about the issue.

    I agree with you and appreciate the links mentioning the rising problem of smartphone malware. I think this will be a huge problem in the years ahead.

    返信削除
  2. One more point, please remember that WB 4 and 5 are supposed to include a question about the topic for the final exam. Can you amend your post to include one, please?

    返信削除
  3. hello professor
    thanks for your notification about the quiz question! I added the q.

    I wrote on his wall about that but he does not really check facebook so I still do not get message from him.
    but as I looked at his wall again, he seemed to have another malware on facebook and I do not know why its still going on with his wall.

    返信削除
  4. Great question Mai. I really want to use this one on the final. Only students who've read your blog will be able to get the answer.

    返信削除