2011年10月3日月曜日

POP culture weekly blog post #2 (due 10/04)

our group. artist 1, is working on how artists use social media to promote themselves.

I focused on 神聖かまってちゃん(shinsei kamattechan) which is a japanese indie rock band and consists of four members which are Noko, Chibagin, Mono, and Misako.
The reason why I chose 神聖かまってちゃんis because the way they use social media is SO different from others.
I thought that most of bands either popular or indie use managers or companies to promote themselves which means bands are not basically promoting themselves but companies.
BUT in the case of 神聖かまってちゃん, the vocal of the group, NOKO, promotes his band himself by going on 2channel and Niko Niko douga and posting the link to his music videos to get attention by viewers.
Since his lyrics mean something relates to "a loser who have failed to make a connection with people"(which means himself) and music sound is random, the name "shinsei kamattechan" became widely known.

Not only the lyrics and music sound but also his performance on the stage should be paid attention.

His face sometimes gets covered by blood from his head.
His eyes are opened so much.
He sometimes takes his pants off.
and so on..
Since I cannot upload a photo of 神聖かまってちゃん、 I decided to draw a picture of Noko.
I hope you will get some sense of the band.


2 件のコメント:

  1. I can't say I'm familiar with the group you mentioned but the thought that comes to mind when reading your post is whether this rock band is still relatively unknown, or if they're actually pretty famous? I'm wondering because of the "unique" way that they promote their material, as you mentioned. If they are indeed famous and yet purposely choose to promote themselves in that way then I would agree that they are taking a pretty unorthodox (and personal) approach to their marketing.

    返信削除
  2. hey thanks for your comment!
    yes I completely forgot about writing about that.
    I should have writen that if they became famous.
    well I would say Yes and No.
    they are kind of famous but still not that famous like Really Popular Bands.
    I will add the details of the band if they became famous or not.
    Thank you!

    返信削除